[tex-live] CVS

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:29:08 CET 2004

Martin Schröder wrote:

>On 2004-01-06 22:41:13 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>

>>I am assuming, by the way, that this switch to CVS would _not_
>>include history, for the source tree at least. The Perforce
>>stuff would remain readable into the foreseeable future, if
>>needed.
>>

>Of course. Only fools would try to recreate the p4 history in
>cvs.

its doable, if needed.  we have looked at it

>PS: Since we are discussing things anyway: Should we use
>    subversion instead of cvs?

We are switching to Subversion from Perforce at work. It has not gone
well :-}
Basically, Subversion had performance problems (possibly related to
dbxml), and
landed me in trouble (long story). We hope that new releases will have
fixed the problems this week.

but we dont have a choice, do we? unless CVR wants to run a Subversion
sevice on Sarovar.

Sebastian