[tex-live] TeXLive2004 hyphen

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Fri Feb 13 17:43:35 CET 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 p.se at gmx.at wrote:

> I am trying to install TeXLive 2004 on a Solaris system, from the CD
> distributed by DANTE. I am requesting the recommended general installation,
> but I deselected a few of the languages which are foreseen as the standard.
> I am getting errors because lots of hyphenation files are requested which
> are not available, for example catalan.

Seems you have deselected tex-langspanish collection...
(should we separate catalan into another collection?)

> Content of TeX/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat is given below.

When installing any language stuff, language.dat is build
in texmf-var/tex/generic/config/

Please run
kpsewhich language.dat
to see which file is taken

Anyway you can add ane missing/needed collection:
sh install-pkg.sh --collection=tex-langspanish

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl