[tex-live] Re: tex *live* packages [was: .. acronym package missing doc]

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Fri Feb 13 04:27:44 CET 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> > If the package contains .mf sources and/or type1 .pfb files, it belongs
> > to font stuff. So Hans would be happy using them also in ConTeXt...
> >
> What if its primary job is to provide a LaTeX package,
> and adds a font with one character to support that?

Really exceptional ;-)

> > So packages still have to be tested and... corrected. Again and again
> > for every release.
>
> yes, but the decisions taken must be recorded. otherwise you
> have to retest all packages every time...

Uhm... You mean recording corrections after your sausage machine?
We have to rethink how it can be done, e.g.
1. new/updated package grabed from CTAN
2. you build it for TL using that mysterious machinery
3. after checking, I rebuild the package and of course rebuild .tpm file

I can keep diff file for old and new .tpm or describe the exception
in some words, but at the moment have no better idea...

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl