[tex-live] perforce problems

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 23:46:11 CET 2004

Karl Berry wrote:

>But still, is there any way to do what Werner asked in p4?
>I've wanted this myself, many times.  In essence, update everything from the
>repository that has *not* been locally modified.

sorry, but I think you are trying to fight the system. Perforce
knows the state of what you have checked out. don't lie to it!

>Without this, it's hard to ever know if you're working with a clean
>source tree.

if you do

   p4 diff -se ... | p4 -x - edit

Perforce will open for edit all those files which are different from
what is on the server. Is that the sort of thing you want?

  p4 help diff

may help matters here.

Sebastian