[tex-live] Problems installing doublestroke ps-1 fonts and updmap

Harald von Aschen harald.von.aschen at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 17:10:19 CET 2004

At 07:50 11.02.04 +0100, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Harald von Aschen wrote:
> > E.g. I'm looking for the eurofont.map:
> > kpsewhich grverb.map
>What are you looking for: eurofont.map or grverb.map?
>Please use rather: kpsewhich -format="dvips config" grverb.map
>(see tldoc.pdf)

Thank you very much for your help and going in this again. And thank you 
for pointing out tldoc.pdf very much! This helps me a lot!

With your help again I have looked into it again. I have done a big error 
and, please let me explain:

> > .....
> > This means that the directory "texmf-var/fontname" has to be manually
> > created, it is not installed with tex-live. And please look here in the
> > documentation TeTexDoc.pdf: "put that [map file] into the dvi/misc
> > directory" where it is never found!
>No, that's only an old behaviour that fontname/ is first searched.
>Will be changed anyway in future.
> > And under my "old" system all is working because of the "old" searching.
> >
> > Next problem: updmap is still not working correctly: Fabrice, I have
> > replaced updmap.pl and ran updmap. Updmap is not updating pdftex.map
> > correctly. Here is the result after (o.k. first texthash) updmap and then
>Hope that you've read the answers from 05 Feb...

Thank you!

>1. Put your dstroke.map (from CTAN) into texmf\dvips\doublestroke\
>(sorry for not including that on TL!)
>2. mktexlsr
>3. edit your ...\texmf-var\web2c\updmap.cfg and add the line:
>MixedMap dstroke.map
>4. updmap

First: Thank you very much for pointing this out again. Yes, I have read 
that answer.
Please don't be angry, could it be that the file


is missing in the TeTex-Distribution? I have to install it by hand and now 
it is working. Puh, hard work, sorry for that. Because I have installed the 
fonts manually under \texmf-var\fonts\tfm this was working but removing 
this don't. I have checked if the *.tfm files were installed but I don't 
have checked if they have been complete. This was totally my fault I should 
have to check _first_ if updmap is working or not and _then_ looking why 
pdflatex is still not finding the font. I'm very sorry.

But: I still have problems with updmap. Please correct me if I'm wrong 
here: updmap --disable dstroke.map _is_ working. Then dstroke.map is 
commented out in updmap.cfg. But updmap --enable MixedMap dstroke.map does 
_not_ work. I have to manually remove the comment symbol. This was my next 
error: After Fabrice's correction in updmap.pl I have thought this should 
work. So I was disabling dstroke.map by the above command and then I was 
not able to enable it. This confuses me because with other map files in 
updmap.cfg I was able to disable and enable them by command.

And pdflatex is now working and windvi is still not working (not displaying 
the doublestroke fonts and trying to call Metafont) but yesterday I get it 
to work and today I don't know what I have changed...:
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 dsrom12

Best regards



More information about the tex-live mailing list