[tex-live] texlive 2003 -- acronym package missing doc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 23:08:42 CET 2004

Itay Furman wrote:

>I have noticed that the default installation of the 'acronym'
>package in texlive 2003 (texmf/tex/latex/acronym) has only part
>of the documentation in texmf/doc/latex/acronym:
>	acrotest.dvi  acrotest.tex  readme
>The user guide, acronym.dvi, produced from acronym.dtx
>is not there.

thats a function of my automated CTAN -> TeX Live procedure. I dont
normally create
dvi files from .dtx files, and I throw away existing dvi files. its not
great, but since
there is minimal consistency in packages, I tend to be fairly brutal.

>I don't know how spread is this issue among other packages
>installed by texlive.

it depends.

>On somewhat ad different subject: I am willing to try and
>help to texlive work.

i'd like to say "work on the CTAN -> TeXLive processor", but thats a
fairly tall order
unless you feel very strong

as everyone else says, _testing_ is the key.

sebastian