[tex-live] let's make some decisions

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 8 13:00:28 CET 2004

At 17:52 07/02/2004, Karl Berry wrote:

>     so, one can even have the same formats for dvi/pdf and have the loading
>     done with \everyjob (if needed)
>
>I don't understand.
>
>Making proper behavior dependent on \everyjob seems quite dubious to
>me.  It could conflict with any other existing uses of \everyjob, a
>standard feature.

hm, most users of everyjob probably append things to this register instead
of replacing, otherwise they mess up things anyway; and since the main
macro package file has control ...

(but maybe i think to much context -)

>Nor would it be possible to load hypperef in \everyjob!  Hyperref
>generally has to come last ...

since we have this pdftex engine, we can make \pdfeveryjob which expancs
after \everyjob -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS