[tex-live] Solved: the preforce problem I had. Request
Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 7 12:24:20 CET 2004
I found the reason for my problem and it was not Build but Master. I
had updated my Master tree recently.
Why did this matter? A while back (September) I found out that there
were two sources of texmf.cnf in TL. In the source directory (built on
make install) and in Master. At that time, the one in source was really
outdated and I set up my build process to copy the one from Master.
Now, recently I updated Master to get newer versions of other stuff and
of course the texmf.cnf there was updated as well. And that current
version does not work well with TeX built from older sources from Build
(as recent as Jan 6).
I would like to request the removal of texmf.cnf from the Master tree.
It is after all generated from the sources in Build as it is closely
bound to how sources (like kpathsea-based ones) operate. Having two
versions is confusing and is a source of conflicts. It is not
In fact, nothing in Master should for its applicability depend on the
version that is drawn from Build.
More information about the tex-live