[tex-live] map, enc and bugs.html

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Feb 5 16:17:10 CET 2004

At 19:06 04/02/2004, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Sorry, not yet true...
>
>Hmm, now I don't understand where the problem lies (with TL 2003).  I
>thought the original bug that Hans reported was that map/enc files in
>local trees would not be found, with TL 2003.
>
>But looking at my TL 2003 texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf, there is:
>TEXPSHEADERS =
>.;$TEXMF/{{dvips,fonts/{map,enc}/{dvips,}},pdftex,tex,fonts/type1}//

indeed, but we're (at the tl list) are talking about the next version -)

>So why doesn't that find the files in local trees?  Assuming $TEXMF
>includes the local trees, as it should.

so, with the map and enc files going to fonts/map anf fonts/enc, and the
env var adapted accordingly, local map files get out of scope (unless
copied as suggested by thomas)

>Is the problem entirely with the development TL?

the problem is / may arise

(1) with users who use an update of tetex/fptex in combination with tex live
(2) when the next tex live comes out

Hans