[tex-live] Re: [tex-fonts] license of the Bakoma Type1 fonts?

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at gmx.net
Sat Dec 18 01:45:15 CET 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:29:43 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

>    The LaTeX Bug report amslatex/3448 explains the problem[...]
>
>"3448 could not be found".

???

>What's the url?

<http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=amslatex/3448&category=
AMS+LaTeX&responsible=anyone&state=open&keyword=&>

(should be one single line)

>I based my statement on a discussion Thomas and I had before the
>release, which resulted in the TL psfonts.map generation stuff not using
>the bakoma fonts.  As far as I know, this is true, and has in fact
>always been the case.  For example, euex7.tfm comes from ams/euler, and
>the outline is scaled from the AMS's euex10.

This is a very dirty trick, because the character width of euex7 is
actually larger than 70% of the width of euex10.  Well, if you are
satisfied with the result, ignore my comment!

Walter