[tex-live] running programs from texlive tlc2

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 16:08:58 CET 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Hans Hagen wrote:
> d) logging to the terminal coul dplay a role, large scroll back buffers
> combined with outline fonts can be slow (although i only encountered this a
> sproblem on linux)

Yes, I know about that and if I even delete an extra empty line from
/etc/issue.net to save on network traffic (though nowadays it's
irrelevant as instead of telnet everyone uses ssh), I certainly don't do
tex logging to the terminal. My Makefiles are written to log everything to
disk and invoke pdflatex (or latex, depending on config options) with
-halt-on-error to avoid the need for terminal interaction.

Kind regards
Tigran