[tex-live] web2c-win32 volunteer?

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Sun Apr 11 17:53:48 CEST 2004

> There is also teTeX on cygwin.  4AllTeX (the preferred distro of our
> Win32 users for years) lagged in support for pdftex and MikTeX had
> conflicts (.dll versions) with some of our other apps.  Cygwin and
> teTeX was the only way to accomplish certain tasks on Win32.

The only problem I can name with dll under windows is that you can
compile your own zlib.dll with different calling convention than the
default one. That can make another application looking for zlib.dll
crash. But MiKTeX and fpTeX are now providing those dll with their own
name (tl80zlib.dll for me) to minimize the problems.

Fabrice