[tex-live] TEXINPUTS, pdfTeX and texmf.cnf

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Sep 22 10:20:34 CEST 2003

At 21:15 21/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:

> > 1. Change the catch-all TEXINPUTS into
> >
> > TEXINPUTS =                     .;$TEXMF/{tex,pdftex}/{generic,}//
>
>I hate a make a change like this the day before freeze-time, unless
>we are 100% sure its foolproof. Who else thinks we should do it now?

any change to TEXINPUTS is tricky since it may lead to unexpected files
being loaded; (actually, here i always set TEXINPUTS to nothing

i agree with sebastian that changes to texmf.cnf are not something for the
last minute; also, why only pdftex then

   .;$TEXMF/{tex,etex,pdftex,pdfetex,omega,eomega,nts}/{generic,}//

kind of tricky

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl