[tex-live] TEXINPUTS, pdfTeX and texmf.cnf

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Sep 22 08:45:41 CEST 2003

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 22:38 Europe/Amsterdam, Sebastian Rahtz
wrote:

>> Who wants to edit texmf.in in source and texmf.cnf in Master? I don't
>> (will now go to bed).
>
> I dont think there is a missing one. Gerben gave the example of
> "pdfamstex", but that's not in fmtutil.cnf either

The problem I would really want to have solved (and *not* wait another
year for a problem that has caused and will probably cause me some
support trouble) is that for TeX-based formats, an additional line in
fmtutil.cnf is enough, but for pdfTeX-based one needs also to create
another entry in texmf.cnf (for TEXINPUTS so pdftex.cfg can be found).

Even without fmtutil.cnf, if I run it in a directory of my own.
creating foo.fmt requires different things than creating pdffoo.fmt.

"To be or not to be, that is the question" -- Parmenides