[tex-live] Political showstopper

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 14 14:51:16 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 00:08, Karl Berry wrote:

> There has never been a court case that has gone all the way to decision
> involving the GPL or any other F/OSS license, anywhere in the world, as
> far as I know.  I may be wrong, of course, but I think I would have
> heard.

pity, in a way. it would be nice to get some case law.

> And I sincerely hope we do not have to go to court here, either.
> (And I doubt we will.)
> I do not want to spend my life that way, and furthermore, Springer
> certainly has much deeper pockets than we do.

I'd be extremely surprised if Springer do anything except say "whoops
very sorry won't happen again"; and equally surprised if any of us
take it further.

I'd have extreme difficulty getting my institution to foot my legal
bill, since they have not agreed to open source my work :-} (luckily I
have not claimed copyright on anything on TL in the last few years)
--
Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>