[tex-live] Re: testing 27/28

Volker RW Schaa v.r.w.schaa at gsi.de
Fri Sep 5 10:05:52 CEST 2003

At 20:40 04.09.2003, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>That won't cure anything.  A blue screen under XP means either a
>hardware problem (triggered by accessing some memory address for
>example) or a bad driver. No user application can trigger such a problem
>directly. The application would be killed.
yes, that's true. I've cleaned the registry manually -> doesn't help. Then
I deleted all system/user variables (or changed them): TEXMFCNF, PATH,
etc.
That helped!
I've now installed several times without any problem.

*BUT*,
I'm now running a full installation with everything from the *demo* CD,
and cannot compile live.tex anymore. It was a bit late this morning (~5 am)
and I had no chance to check what's wrong, so I've some lines from live.log
to this mail.
Which TL version do you (Karl, Staszek) when writing the documentation?

>I didn't want to maintain setup of foreign programs.
understood!

>Sorry, but in the long term, I found it stupid. People may install
>whatever editor they want. The only one(s) I know supported for years
>are (X)Emacs, and they are free. So I chose to stick with that.
acceptable to me. we just have to document the differences to last year's
version.

>The trick is that those Perl, GS and ImageMagick are not meant to be
>used outside of TeXLive.
that's ok too.

I'm without mail today till late (maintenance of mail server, etc).

Cheers, Volker

----
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2) (format=pdflatex 2003.9.5)  5 SEP 2003 04:31
entering extended mode
 %&-line parsing enabled.
**live.tex
(./live.tex{d:/Tl8/texmf-var/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}
LaTeX2e <2001/06/01>

LaTeX Font Info:    Overwriting math alphabet `\mathit' in version `bold'
(Font)                  OT1/cmr/bx/it --> OT1/ptm/m/it on input line 75.

! Font OT1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr7t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.456 \normalfont

? s
OK, entering scrollmode...
LaTeX Font Info:    Redeclaring font encoding T1 on input line 38.
)
! Font T1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.95 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

TeX Live documentation for printing
(./texnames.sty
This is texnames.sty, Version 1.09 <16 March 1993>
)
\colrow=\count96
\@all at unknown=\toks19

! LaTeX Error: File `pifont.sty' not found.

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/pzccm/m/n on input line 15.
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OMS+pzccm on input line 15.

No file OMSpzccm.fd.

! LaTeX Error: This NFSS system isn't set up properly.

For encoding scheme OMS the defaults pzccm/m/n do not form a valid font shape

\nofMPsegments=\count102
\nofMParguments=\count103
\everyMPtoPDFconversion=\toks22
)
! Font T1/ptm/m/n/17.28=ptmr8t at 17.28pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.26 \maketitle

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

Missing character: There is no T in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no h in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no e in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no T in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no E in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no X in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no L in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no i in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no v in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no e in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no G in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no u in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no i in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no d in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no e in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no , in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no 2 in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no 0 in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no 0 in font nullfont!
Missing character: There is no 3 in font nullfont!
! Font T1/ptm/m/n/12=ptmr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.26 \maketitle

I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OT1+ptmcm on input line 26
.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file OT1ptmcm.fd. on input line 26.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/ptmcm/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OT1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 26.

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for OML+ptmcm on input line 26
.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file OMLptmcm.fd. on input line 26.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OML/ptmcm/m/it' undefined
(Font)              using `OML/cmm/m/it' instead on input line 26.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/pzccm/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OMS/pzccm/m/n' instead on input line 26.

! Corrupted NFSS tables.
wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS tables}
                                                  error at fontshape else let f...
l.26 \maketitle

This error message was generated by an \errmessage
command, so I can't give any explicit help.
Pretend that you're Hercule Poirot: Examine all clues,
and deduce the truth by order and method.

! Font OT1/ptm/m/it/12=ptmri7t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
                   relax
l.2 ...berline {1.1}Basic usage of \TeXLive {}}{2}

! Font OT1/ptm/b/n/7.4=nullfont not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   relax
l.2 ...berline {1.1}Basic usage of \TeXLive {}}{2}

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 2615 strings out of 94668
 33324 string characters out of 1180080
 110043 words of memory out of 1529285
 5661 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
 8924 words of font info for 32 fonts, out of 1000000 for 2000
 458 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
 38i,10n,23p,222b,369s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,6000p,200000b,40000s
 124 PDF objects out of 300000
 0 named destinations out of 131072
 56 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file cm-super-t1.enc): cannot open encoding file for reading

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sfit0800.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sfit0900.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sftt0800.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sftt0900.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
<d:/Tl8/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr10.pfb>
Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sftt1200.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading

Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sfit1000.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
<d:/Tl8/texmf/fonts/type1/hoekwater/mflogo/logo10.pfb>
Warning: pdflatex.exe (file sftt1000.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
Output written on live.pdf (27 pages, 242723 bytes).