[tex-live] bibtex8

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 9 01:01:40 CEST 2003

At 22:27 08/10/2003, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>I wonder if bibtex8 is that wrong :
>- it is requesting a file that kpathsea can't find because kpathsea keeps
>adding some predetermined suffix to the filename, when there is already one
>- .csf files are not registered into kpathsea
>
>I kept my patch about not considering file suffixes when the name
>requested has already one because it makes sense. If you request
>file.tuo (context user), it is nonsense that kpathsea looks first for
>file.tuo.tex . In the bibtex8 case, it can still work by just changing
>texmf.cnf.

When running a file access activity logger i notices that the suffixless
filename is also searched for (i have to look into that in more detail
because i don't know for sure if it's something win-os)

>PS: BTW, I don't think anybody is maintaining bibtex8. I even wonder who
>adapted it to kpathsea in first place.

hm, maybe we should remove everything that is not maintained from tex live,
or move it to

   tex/texmf-yourownrisk

Hans