[tex-live] Some comments

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu May 22 03:54:50 CEST 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Jean Francis MICHON wrote:

> Typing with a french keyboard in Winshell gives no problem but when compiling no accented character appears in the viewer.
> French users must put two instructions like
> \usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc}
>
> \usepackage[french]{babel}
>
> at the beginnig of their latex files. The first instruction is to tell
> to the compiler to use 8-bit coding of french character. The second is
> standard for french style.
> French users must go to the Bernard Gaulle web site to have complete
> explanations and other alternatives.

Due to the (strange) problems with license, french.sty package
cannot be distributed on the CD TL. Instead, frenchle.sty is provided
and installed when selecting French support.

> ===========================
> 2nd difficulty (package installation):
>
> I needed "xy" package . I got the package on the web and installed it ,
> respecting the installation procedure enclosed. But it did'nt work. The
> compiler did not find the "xy.sty" package.  This is because the user
> must rebuild the "ls-R" database before using the package .
> To rebuild this database user must go to "TEXLive -> Maintenance
> ->Rebuild ls-R" program option proposed in the Windows program launcher.

xy.sty is a part of xypic package, already available on TL.
Have you read the section 5.2 of the TL documentation?
En francais:
5.2 Ajouter des composants \'a votre syst\`eme

Your notes are already there.

All the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz