[tex-live] help with unzip and sh and wildcards

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Fri Mar 21 16:39:36 CET 2003

+ Martin Schroeder <ms at artcom-gmbh.de>:

| On 2003-03-21 11:54:14 +0100, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
| > FWIW, the version of unzip that I have does not support this exclusion
| > option.  The manual page for the unzip I have here says
|
| Do an "unzip --help". v5.40 has
|    -x  exclude files that follow (in xlist)

Er, yeah, it turns out I had an obsolete manual page, for a version of
unzip long since deleted, lying around at the front end of my MANPATH.
I'd better do some housecleaning; it's that time of year anyway.

+ Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>:

|    (cd $TEXDIR; unzip -o -q $CDDIR/tpm/$f -x $filters)

I see that the argument to -x is supposed to be a list of things
separated by spaces.  So this is probably better written

     (cd $TEXDIR; unzip -o -q $CDDIR/tpm/$f -x "$filters")

in case a later incarnation of the script wants to use this feature.

- Harald