[tex-live] Re: [pdftex] MS Word hell, TeX heaven?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at ms25.ath.cx
Thu Mar 13 03:47:22 CET 2003

    > I suppose these data don't support your hypothesis, but I've
    > actually written a 600 page book in Word -- though I must admit
    > each chapter was a separate file ;)

Are you sure that I can read what you wrote without causing Word to
crash?  I'm in doubt.

A few hours ago I tried to load a Word file someone else had written
at work.  Word crashed (invalid memory page access in MSWORD.EXE).

The system became unstable, i.e. when I tried to attach a file to a
mail message, it was not possible to move into the directory where the
file was.  Fortunately that worked after rebooting the system.

Obviously, you had been in luck.  Congratulations!

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover	                         mailto:reinhard at ms25.ath.cx