[tex-live] CD /DVD images (some notes)

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Jun 20 00:28:17 CEST 2003

> Fabrice, I know that for most users your xemtex idea would be perfect.
> But why not giving people some alternatives, which not need to be
> covered by TeXLive.exe or TeXSetup.exe, just mentioned in the
> documentation?  Many users already have their belowed text editor on
> windows, even working in dos/cmd box (Hans, Jacko and many other ;-)
> Many people prefer using gvim, which has already some good support for
> TeX programs.  So after many discussions, mails and (many!)
> installations on very strange different windows versions, just my 5
> eurocents in that matter.  I've checked several times on linux and
> windows that for a *quick* demo I do not need even local texmf tree.

I don' understand. Have a look at the current TeXSetup version: you can
install TeX the usual way. You get all the program. Then add your TeX
editor and configure it.

Only if you check the box on the first page, you will get xemacs
preconfigured (plus a bunch of tools). But you are by no mean obliged
to do so.

Fabrice