[tex-live] Problems compiling on alpha

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 31 10:43:29 CEST 2003

Hello!

Has anybody an idea on this? I want to make new binaries for alpha-linux
but this is stopping me ATM.

On Die, 29 Jul 2003, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi friends!
>
> I have the following problem compiling texlive on alpha:
>
> rm -f libt1lib.a
> ar cru libt1lib.a t1cs.o t1interp.o t1item.o t1font.o t1mm.o t1rw.o t1unparser.o psres.o
> ar: libt1lib.a: Input/output error
>
> The problem is in the mminstance, which was updated -- but I am not sure
> wether correct.
>
> I also think that it might be a problem with g++ and mminstance, i.e.
> that mminstance requires a more recent compiler (here we have
> gcc-2.95.4).
>
> Do you have any ideas?

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
BOOK	What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground
	underneath a giant boulder you can't move, with no hope of
	rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to
	you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so
	far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely,
	consider how lucky you are that it won't be troubling you much
	longer.
                 --- Comforting advice for Ford and Arthur in this current
                 --- situation, Fit the Eighth.