[tex-live] status report on TL? (LaTeX release)
karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 24 17:55:19 CEST 2003
te> The next thing that comes to my mind is that we could have more
than just one version of TL8.
We can put as many versions as we want on the web, but it's not
economically feasible to press more than one set of discs.
For example, we could put a beta .iso with the new latex (as soon as
it's released) on the web for the sake of anyone who might like to try
it that way.
fabrice> if we can delay this up to August, 25th or something like
that, it is more realistic for me.
I see. Well, there's certainly no way to produce it before you're happy
with the Windows stuff, so I guess we're now talking end of August for
production and early September before mailing. Ok, August 25th it is,
unless Volker feels strongly that we should delay.
More information about the tex-live