[tex-live] dynamic libs (was: time to compile)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:49:21 +0100 (CET)

Kaja Christiansen wrote:
> I recall there was a hassle with the libraries for xdvik
> last year. The cure provided by Thomas (I think) was to
> replace, in xdvik/configure,

Sure, since many people still use old linux boxes and TL binaries are
considered to be ready-to-run on many Linux versions.

Thomas Esser wrote:
> Staszek was able to compile the best compatible linux binaries, I think.
> He used to have a system where my gcc hack works (it no longer works
> with gcc3) and he did have the static libXaw, so he can link xdvik /
> oxdvik with
>   x_tool_libs="-Wl,-Bstatic -lXaw -Wl,-Bdynamic -lXpm -lXmu -lXt"

I still keep that system, and... compile with success every new teTeX-beta;-)
So I can do by best and compile bin/i386-linux binaries (or just (o)xdvik??).

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl