[tex-live] time to compile

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
16 Jan 2003 21:10:54 +0000

I have just updated the Perforce tree in //depot/Build/source/... with
what should now
be a stable source. The same thing should appear
shortly as a teTeX release. It includes web2c 7.4.4,
pdftex 1.10a, and omega 1.23.2

Fingers crossed, we are now at a stage where web2c,
teTeX and TeXLive are all at the same point, which
is really excellent news.

Could I ask everyone who has compiled binaries for TeX Live
before to gird up their loins, download the source,
and try again? Either send me the binaries, or
put them in Perforce yourself. Watch yourself,
as there are more programs, and many programs which
were small scripts before are now symbolic links.

The next event, all being well, will be the integration
of Knuth's new release; there may also be a changed
dvips if a discussion about security on another list
goes somewhere; and we can probably expect more Omega
in due course.

Sebastian