[tex-live] Can anybody remember what timestamps texinfo needs?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Feb 17 16:04:52 CET 2003

    The problem is that I just upload the changed files. But, I think that
    I have found a systematic way to fix this kind of problems:

1) What I don't understand is why texinfo and only texinfo keeps
   breaking for this.  What is so special about it?  I don't do anything
   but use automake/autoconf, and other tools do that too.

2) Texinfo is almost completely separate from TeX; I mean, general TeX
   users usually have no interest in Texinfo, and Texinfo users often
   have little interest in TeX.  So, you might consider simply dropping
   Texinfo from teTeX, and then these problems will go away forever :).