[tex-live] Re: tex4ht bugfix

Eitan Gurari gurari at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Feb 5 10:39:06 CET 2003

I wonder whether the files

      tex4ht.c               (dated 2003-02-05-01:43)
      tex4ht.env-unix        (tex4ht.in for unix)
      tex4ht.env-dos         (tex4ht.in for ms windows)

from

   http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/

provide the desired support.

Why @imbindir@ is placed on convert, but not on dvips. As far as
tex4ht is concerned, the G-records are passed literally to a system
call function.

    system("dvips -mode ibmvga ....")
    system("@imbindir@\convert -crop 0x0 -density  ....")

Instead of having multiple environment files such as
tex4t-imagick-win32.env and tex4ht-netpbm-win32.env, a single
environment file similar to the following one may be used.

  % tex4t-win32.env
  <imagick>
  </imagick>
  <netpbm>
  </netpbm>

Such a file allows selective loading of tagged segments, requested
through -c switches of t4ht.c.  For instance

    t4ht foo -cimagick -cwhatever  ...

-eitan