[tex-live] TeX Live 2003 endgame

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 21 13:35:20 CEST 2003

We agreed to complete TeX Live 2003 by August 25th. Coincidentally, I am
leaving on holiday for 10 days on 23rd, so I will have to ask someone
else to make last minute changes on 23rd and 24th.

There are two show-stoppers:

a) we have no uptodate MacOSX binaries; I think only Gerben knows how to
create these? has anyone else tried?

b) the source archive is not in sync with the source tree; the latter no
longer compiles under Linux since Fabrice tidied up (a small eomega
puzzle). so when the source tree is OK again,
//depot/Master/source/source.tar.bz2 must be rebuilt.

It will also be necessary for someone to revise the public web pages to
reflect the new release.

I will keep checking and fixing until the morning of 23rd, but
will be totally out of email contact after that until September 2nd.
--
Sebastian Rahtz      OSS Watch
JISC Free and Open Source Software Advisory Service