[tex-live] [OT] Urgent help needed

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Aug 13 16:18:26 CEST 2003

Hi friends!

Sorry to bother you on this list, but the conference we are organizing
(with 600+ participants) is starting in 2 days and I am in hurry:

Why can I latex:
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{german}
\def\entry#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9{%
  \gdef\id{{#1}}%
  \gdef\egroup{{#2}}%
  \gdef\type{{#3}}%
  \gdef\week{{#4}}%
  \gdef\slot{{#5}}%
  \gdef\lecturer{{#6}}%
  \gdef\aff{{#7}}%
  \gdef\titel{{#8}}%
  \gdef\addlecturer{{#9}}%
  \eentry}
\def\eentry#1#2#3{%
  \gdef\wws{{#1}}%
  \gdef\kancelled{{#2}}%
  \gdef\notiz{{#3}}%
  \doit}%
\def\doit{%
  \subsubsection*{\titel\ -- \lecturer\ (\aff)}
    week=\week, slot=\slot\\
}
\begin{document}
\entry{34}{2}{1}{2}{1}{Rathert, Monika}{University of Tübingen}{Tense and Time}{}{0}{n}{}
\end{document}

But when I leave the
	\usepackage{german}
out I get:
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
l.25 ...ity of Tübingen}{Tense and Time}{}{0}{n}{}

?

Does on of you have an idea? Thanks a lot for any hint on this!

One more question: How can I trace opened groups/closed groups, because
I get:
### simple group (level 1) entered at line 23 ({)
### bottom level
and have NO idea why. It *may* be connected with the above error.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
LOWTHER (vb.)
(Of a large group of people who have been to the cinema together.) To
stand aimlessly about on the pavement and argue about whatever to go
and eat either a Chinese meal nearby or an Indian meal at a restaurant
which somebody says is very good but isn't certain where it is, or
have a drink and think about it, or just go home, or have a Chinese
meal nearby - until by the time agreement is reached everything is
shut.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff