[tex-live] status August 4th

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 10:35:07 CEST 2003

Here is my view of where we are

1) install programs. more or less OK, though Staszek wants a change to
the demo <R> setup

2) binaries.

the following platforms are "live", in that people
are compiling them regularly

 alpha-linux
 i386-freebsd5.0
 i386-linux
 sparc-solaris2.7
 sparc64-linux
 mips-irix6.5

win32 and macosx need Fabrice and Gerben to do their stuff.

the following look a bit orphaned:

 alphaev5-osf4.0d
 i386-openbsd3.0
 i386-solaris2.8
 powerpc-aix4.3.3.0

who is able to compile on those?

3) documentation. waiting for translations, and fixes for MacOSX

4) texmf tree. seems to be stable, apart from waiting fixes for lm
fonts. does anyone else have things they know are WRONG there?

If we can get all the binaries in place this week, I'll be happy. after
that, its bug fixes to the install and the documentation only

Sebastian