[tex-live] problems with vftovp

Lionel Lovitch lovitch at mail.df.unipi.it
Wed Apr 16 13:12:35 CEST 2003

I SHOULD LIKE TO ADD TO WHAT I WROTE BELOW YESTERDAY
AS REGARDS A RELATED PROBLEM:
I RAN A TEXT FILE THROUGH TEXTURES/LATEX INSERTING IN THE PREAMBLE
THE STATEMENT
     \renewcommand{\rmdefault}{pad}
AMONG THE FONTS THAT TEXTURES REPORTS IN USE padrc8r IS LISTED
EXAMINING CLOSELY THE LIST OF ADOBE PSFONTS FILES IN THE CTAN
DISTRIBUTION  IN agaramon.zip OR agaramon.tar.gz I DO NOT FIND EITHER A
padrc8r.vf OR A padrc8r.tfm FILE
PERHAPS YOU CAN SUGGEST WHAT TO DO!
again best wishes
lionel lovitch

Sebastian

To use Textures/Latex on my Mac where I have installed AGaramon and
Optima fonts
I need to create the corresponding pad and pop metric suitcases.
So I need to feed the EdMetrics application with the associated .pl annd
.vpl files.

Back in my office in the university, where I now use a PC with RedHat
Linux version 8.0 as OS,
I ran the tftopl application on the unaccompanied .tfm files and there
was no problem in creating the .pl files.

Instead, when I try running vftovp on the pairs of .tfm and .vf files I
get into serious trouble:
I receive reports of "Bad VF file: Character ... in font 0 will be
ignored" on standard error output.
I am attaching two examples of this error output with the pairs of .tfm
and .vf files of the pop package
together with a copy of the vftovp application I am using.

Can you please advise me how to proceed?

thanks and best regards
lionel lovitch