[tex-live] TeXLive 7 compilation HPUX 10.20 (III)

Lars Madsen daleif@imf.au.dk
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:01:47 +0200 (METDST)

I have to agree with who ever it was that stated that the source was
broken.

For me compilation of TL 7 on HP-UX 10.20 works fine, when ever I choose
not to make (o)xdvi.

I have a shared installation, so I just went to sourgeforgem got the exact
same version as there is in the Linux binaries. Compiled it with the exact
same options (to the configure script) as I did with TL 7.

No problem at all, 40 mins later I had what seems to be a functioning xdvi
for HPUX 10.20 (and 11).

Just move the xdvi.bin into the bin/hp.. and stole the xdvi script from
the linux dist.

Works fine :-)

So I think I'll do my installation this way.

BTW: in an earlier mail someone mentionen that the texmf tree have been
updated (after the release og TL 7) and some versions fixed. Can I get a
hold of that texmf tree, and is it fully functionally?

That way I don't need to do so much package updating, whivh is quite a
pain in the behind. Isn't there an easier way of updating the texmf tree.
Someone told me that the MikTeX dist for windows had some kind of "update
packages" functionality. And I think the windows version of TL 7 has
something similar. How about the Linux version?

/daleif