[tex-live] Czech support, ugly but efficient solution

Petr Olsak olsak@math.feld.cvut.cz
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:41:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Thomas Esser wrote:

> > I found in TL7 for CSTUG: texmf/pdftex/csfonts/csfont-e.map
> > (missing in teTeX-beta). This map file uses some .enc files not needed
>
> Petr, are these lines the one that acrually should be used?

The csfont-e.map is obsolete and not used in current versions
of TeX distributions.

The csfont-e.map uses enc files because the old version of pdfTeX
(cca 1988) has worked bad with the map files where enc was not explicitly
written. This bug was fixed in cca 1998.

Now, the enc files are not needed in pdfTeX nor dvips because the default
encodings of Type1 csfonts are the same as in enc files.

Thus the lines of type:

csr10    csr10    <csr10.pfb

in pdftex.map and psfonts.map files are sufficient.

Petr Olsak