[tex-live] Czech support, ugly but efficient solution

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:45:45 +0200

> please, please, the political discussion about correct Czech support is
> interesting, nevertheless we are in a hurry a bit, as we'll have to send
> the CD to CSTUG members and we have a firm to make the CD.

Ok, so this "hurry" is independend of teTeX (and limited to TeX Live).
I don't have a very strong opinion about plain vs. bplain (in fact,
I don't know many plain TeX users), but I'll take some time to think
about it.

> Or is it enough to change the file and use `mkisofs -rJ'? (I'm afraid
> the tpm files would go wrong.)

I don't know about the tpm file. You have to change pdftex.ini and
texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf. The entry for pdftex should be changed from
  pdftex	pdftex	language.dat	pdftex.ini
  pdftex	pdftex	-	pdftex.ini
to reflect the fact that there is no way to set up hyphenation.

A similar problem exists for eplain (change ini file and fmtutil entry).
For omega, the ini file has plain, so the fmtutil entry should be
adjusted.

Thomas