[tex-live] babel's greek nonfree

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:33:49 +0200

[referring to the following in greek.dtx]
%% IMPORTANT: The above license does not apply in the case of "Crete
%%    University  Press", Helaklion-Crete, Greece. This publisher is
%%    not allowed to use this software or any other piece of software
%%    derived directly or indirectly from it in the production of any
%%    commercial publication, i.e., one that is being sold from
%%    bookstores, etc.

> Apostolos, I have to follow the rules on this; I'll remove
> the file from TeX Live now. but of course I will put it back
> if you change the license.

Sebastian, you cannot just remove greek.dtx from babel, since the lppl
dous not allow you to distribute babel without it.

I don't think that any of the core component of LaTeX is the right place
to play any copyright "jokes". So please, Apostolos, rerelease greek.dtx
without that restriction.

Thomas