[tex-live] %VARTEXMF%\fonts

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek@ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 27 May 2002 00:26:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> I can confirm that it works from W98 also. I don't know why Heiko got
> a problem with this. At best, it vanished with the latest fixes.

You are right, the not existing fonts directory is not
the problem. I have deleted the fonts directory and
tested with a small test file. It worked.

Then however I have deleted the fonts directory
again and used a larger document. Then the
font generation hangs, if it reaches "cmr10".
After dismiss, the second call of windvi hangs
again, so I have deleted the log and mktexpk
programs in the task manager. Then the font
generation completes.

Perhaps these problems are caused by deleting
the fonts directory, if the "daemon feature"
is active and thought that the cmr10 file
has to be exist because of the previous
small test file.

But I do not have an explanation, why the
font generation failed the very first
time on a larger document and I cannot
reproduce this behaviour.

Yours sincerely