Update on font problem, was: Re: [tex-live] xdvi - bad news

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
25 May 2002 08:30:33 +0200

On Fri, 24 May 2002  Stefan Ulrich <stefan.ulrich@elexir.de> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I've now got the fonts from TeXLive working properly on my
> system, but since I'm running TeXLive from the CD image and
> haven't actually installed anything (such as fonts) on local
> disk, my setup might be slightly different ...

I am confused, as I'm also running TeXLive from the CD image. My image
is texlive7-1-20000520.iso. Do you use an earlier or later image?

> Could you please
> check the following for your setup:
>
> (1) ps2pk.map (path is displayed when using the `-debug 32'
>     option) should contain lines of the following form:
>
>   plr10    PLRoman10-Regular            "encplrm ReEncodeFont"  <plrm.enc  <plr10.pfb
>
>     i.e. essentially everything from texmf/dvips/pl/pl.map
>     (simply append the entire pl.map to ps2pk map if it
>     doesn't).

The path is /tl7/texmf/dvips/config/ps2pk.map and the file *does not*
contain the line.

[...]

> And just to make sure, since I don't know any Polish: Does the
> output on this screenshot:
> http://xdvi.sourceforge.net/JSB-xdvi-T1.gif
> look OK to you?

Yes, it is OK.