[tex-live] problems with image 20020515 on W2K - still unusable? :-(

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
16 May 2002 19:02:21 +0200

On 09 May 2002  jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

> I like very much the new look of Windows installer, but it does not
> work for me :-(.
>
> Experiment 1:
>
> I choose <Explore CD-Rom> <Run TeX off CD-Rom>. A window for opening
> files pops up pointing to "Program Files"; when I cancel it, I get the
> message "You need to state what editor you want use". Now I am in a loop
> with no way out except killing the installer with task manager.
>
> Anyway, the situation is confusing and the message
> misleading. Something like "Please point to the location of your
> favourite editor" seems better.

The same for image 20020515.

> Experiment 2:
>
> I choose <Explore CD-Rom> <Browse CD-Rom> and nothing happens.

The same for image 20020515.

> Experiment 3:
>
> I choose <Documentation> <Run TeXDocTK>
<Fundamentals/general references> <User's guide> <View>

results in the error message

        Could not create temporary directory. Exiting.

> Experiment 4:

I choose <Explore CD-Rom> <Choose an editor> and nothing happens.

> The experiments has been made on Polish Windows 2000.

As a regular user.

> BTW, the AUC TeX on this image is still 10.0g.

The same for image 2002515.

Best regards

Janusz

--