[tex-live] tldoc notes

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Thu, 16 May 2002 07:26:23 +0200 (CEST)

Again about documentation...
How can we clean the mess in tldocsource/ with pictures/ going
to CD/texmf/doc/tldoc/ (used only by html) and local ./examples
used only for making pdf docs + ready made html (text files)?
I think that after moving .eps files from pictures/ to the local
(working) ./examples would fried some mb of CD space.
Moreover tug.org/.../tldosource/pictures/ doesn't contain the same
files as Master/texmf/doc/tldoc/pictures/ .
I found, e.g., that texmf/doc/tldoc/deutch/ contains now ~1.6mb of gif
files... It is just wasting of CD ROM space as we all can live with
German (or Polish :) buttons displayed. After all changes made by
Fabrice, some screenshots should be changed anyway. Any volunteers?

Some notes about MacOSX would be also welcome in tldoc, I think.
I've never used Mac (exept failed try to install TL on Kaveh's Mac
at EuroBachoTeX ;-)

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl