[tex-live] Re: URGENT!!

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Wed, 15 May 2002 19:56:40 +0200

At 07:12 PM 5/15/2002 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>We have 5 choices
>  1 someone else takes on the task of putting TL back to 1.15
>    and does all the necessary work in Perforce.

no option

>  2 we delay TL indefinitely until I find any time to work on it

no option

>  3 we remove Omega from TL entirely

an option, only if you want to rebuild the image; instead of omega binaries
on texlive, there could be a small substitute binary (or readme) telling
the user where to fetch a binary; this would permit john cum suis to set up
a web place with all relevant versions

>  4 we delay TL until Omega 2

no option

>  5 we say "sorry" and dont change anything

rather valid option, since the omega community is small and organized
enough to

>what do people request? I will be bound by the decision of the
>majority of people who vote in the next 2 days

i vote for 3 with a binary that displays a message "fetch the latest
version from www.somewhere.org"

(an alternative is to put the old tl6 binaries there, would probably work
ok for windows)

also, i can understand that you prefer 5

>option
>  6 Sebastian retrofits 1.15 onto TL7 tonight
>is NOT up for choice!

has never been an option anyway

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl