[tex-live] Re: TL7 & CTAN, the day after

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:44:52 +0100

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:20:25AM +0200, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> > > I found on CTAN://systems/texlive/Source/
> > > wrong source stuff.
> >
> > can you be more explicit? what is wrong?
>
> Are you kidding?

no he's not.  "it's wrong", when "it" is a very large file provokes
thoughts of "this guy wants me to guess which file in the tar set is
corrupt".

> Yesterday on CTAN I saw:
> source.tar.bz2  16282880 May 27 06:28 (still seen on some mirrors)
> and it *was* wrong. Today is OK:
> source.tar.bz2  17601199 Jun 04

today, _one_ person, of the many you addressed, thought to check ctan
times vs. tug box times.

and then i noticed that i had made a mistake in mirroring parameters;
i corrected it and ran our mirror again.  i've now pushed the entire
directory to the other ctan nodes, but mirrors will pick the new stuff
up in their own good time.

Robin Fairbairns

For the CTAN team