[tex-live] Re: TL7 & CTAN, the day after

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns@cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:46:14 +0100

> I found on CTAN://systems/texlive/Source/
> wrong source stuff. Would somebody replacing that from Master/source/
> (providing that they are OK after special editions).

it's good enough for the time being.  i imagine the tex live people
are catching up on sleep...

> The next question: I'm quite sure that someone declared binaries
> for free-bsd. I guess that sparc-Linux can be also added.
> Both sets available from the net would be welcome.

from the days when i was involved[only ever documentation], i recall
there had to be a machine for doing builds available, at all times.
it's simply not enough to pick up someone else's copy.  find a machine
that the team can log in to at will, to do the work, and you stand a
chance :-)

robin (speaking for ctan, which is pretty much entirely passive in
this endeavour)