[tex-live] texlive the jubilee edition

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:50:47 +0200

Staszek Wawrykiewicz writes:

 > Well, in fact it's pity you didn't retain my compilations of (o)xdvi.bin,
 > so the final TL7 has broken xdvi

Well, changes in the sources called for recompilations. In the
multi-developer environment, where source sometimes changes on
a daily basis, it is not always transparent which programs
(at the moment, 235 per binary set) are, or are not, affected
by the changes, and the safest course to make it all consistent
is - in my opinion - to recompile *all* programs.

For (o)xdvi, special care was taken to make an extra compilation
which included patches provided on this list. This said, I am truly
sorry that it didn't work.

Kaja