[tex-live] Omega problem also under Solaris and RH

Gerben Wierda sherlock@rna.nl
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:18:04 +0200

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 12:05 , Kaja P. Christiansen wrote:

> I was ready to submit the binaries for Irix/Sparc Solaris/RedHat
> but after reading Gerben's letter, I decided to try omega and lambda
> formats. Argh, omega crashes under Solaris and RedHat as well...

I am glad to hear this. Really. Downgrading to previous Developer Tools
is a nightmare. This message means that I can safely assume that the
problem is not with the upgraded Developer Tools on Mac OS X.

I guess we must return to omega 1.15 if we want to finish TL7 soon,
unless somebody finds out within a very short timeframe what is wrong
with omega 1.23. Given that it also crashes on Solaris and RedHat there
must be someone in the know who can debug this...

Please, Sebastain, do not freeze TL7 until this problem has been solved.