[tex-live] the size debate

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:50:07 +0000

OK, I have
 * deleted monotype
 * deleted adobeother
 * deleted malvern
 * compressed psafm
 * purged cmpk

and I am now sure I can make a single CD with binaries for i386-linux,
win32, and MacOSX (when Gerben gives me the binaries....). this
would include source and support directories as at present.

my suggestion:

 * we make a single CD with the above configuration (and
   keep pruning packages where possible)
 * we make a second CD *image only* with extra Unix binaries,
   which interested Unix sysadmins can burn for themselves. it
   might exclude some other stuff like the FAQ, usergrps etc.

how does that sound? the big win is that it makes no major
changes to TL7 distribution for this year....