[tex-live] too many files

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:30:15 +0000

I tried the 2 CD approach. Making a CD
with just Windows and i386 Linux comes in at 648 mbytes; making
a second CD without Windows and i386 Linux comes in at 722 mbytes.

I am at a loss as to how to proceed now. Yes, the correct thing to
do is cut out some packages, but which ones? Alternatively, to drop
the liveness, but I dont have the resources to work on that.

The folliwng table of sizes for texmf may amuse you; as you can see,
its the fonts and documentation which do the damage. Ideas like
"compress all the source files" does not help much.

9188	Master/texmf/bibtex
832	Master/texmf/context
197448	Master/texmf/doc
160	Master/texmf/dvipdfm