[tex-live] tl7 plans
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:28:09 +0000
Any of you tracking TL7 should synchronize, as I just
made many changes to the texmf tree. Unfortunately, it is now
almost certain that I cannot now fit in 650 mbytes.
The choice now is between
* 700 Mbyte CD
* 2 CDs
* leave out lots of Unix binaries
* start throwing packages out
* compress everything into compressed archive files (and call it TeX Dead)
my current plan, on which I canvass views, is to make 2 CDs
* one with Windows and Linux i386 binaries, + texmf
* one with all the other Unix binaries, + texmf
ie with most of the CD duplicated. If the numbers work out, this
seems the most plausible solution.
Otherwise, I think that moving to "TeX Dead" (with a better name) is
probably the way to go. I just cant bear the thought of all the work
and argument involved, though!
Sebastian Rahtz OUCS Information Manager
13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431