[tex-live] Debian (was: updating CJK)

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
02 Dec 2002 00:08:55 +0100

CJKTeX from the 20021117 image seems to work, thanks.
I will do some more testing later.

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002  Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

[...]

> For instance, I'd like to make TeX Live a Debian
> setup, so that Debian people could get use apt-get to keep up to date.

As a temporary measure, what about making available some tools to
convert a TeXLive package into a Debian one? I understand you have
such a tool ready (I don't remember the source of this information,
perhaps Fabrice in Bachotek).

This is especially important for CJKTeX, because the Japanese support
in the Debian package is broken, probably from the very beginning, as
the maintainer seems to be interested only in Chinese.

This is also quite urgent for me, because a student of mine is just
finishing his work on a Knoppix/Debian CD, and such a tools would
allow him to include easily a working CJKTeX and other goodies not
available as Debian packages.

Best regards

Janusz

--