[tex-live] Re: 20000425 image on Windows: disappointment!

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:37:47 +0100

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 03:45:38PM +0200, Janusz S. Bie? wrote:

> NT Emacs seems again the right answer. What about joining effort with
> TEI-Emacs team, which happens to include Sebastian Rahtz? The TexLive
> version of NT Emacs may be just TEI-Emacs, perhaps without SGML/XML
> stuff.

The only problem is space. to have a complete
expanded runnable emacs, with all the goodies, takes
a lot of megabytes. I'd be all in favour it, but it would
mean dropping something else. I'd be surprised if
the current TEI setup did not also do good TeX
out of the box - I should investigate

> P.S. I've burned today's image (20000426), but I lended the CD to a
> student without looking at its content. Does it contain a new
> configuration for NT Emacs?
it seems the emacs is still 21.1? I have 21.2 on the TEI CD.