[tex-live] Problem with mktexpk

Michael Barr barr@barrs.org
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:21:29 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for your reply.  It was clear enough, but I don't see where to go
next.  There was no setup??.log file.  There is certainly a TEXMFTEMP
variable and the directory it points to exists (and has a rather
complicated subdirectory tree.  As for permissions, well there is no user
but me and I am signed on as administrator with full privileges.  The odd
thing is that the regular cm fonts complied with no problem and so I tried
copying the xy*.mf files into the same directory as the cm sources (and
then ran mktexlsr), but it didn't help.  Finally, I tried copying a line
from the missing log file and running it separately.  What follows is the
output of the set command, followed by the output from the attempt to run
the command from the missing log.  If you can think of any other
information I could provide, I will be happy to.

Michael Barr

[c:\math]set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
CMDLINE=mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 xybtip10
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=MICHAEL
ComSpec=C:\4NT400\4NT.EXE
dfile=derfun
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\
LOGONSERVER=\\MICHAEL
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Os2LibPath=C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;
Path=C:\TEX\BIN\WIN32;C:\EMTEX\BIN;\WINNT;C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32;C:\DOS;C:\GSTOOLS\GS
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=080a
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINNT
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TEXMFCNF=c:\tex\texmf-var\web2c
TEXMFTEMP=c:\tex\temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=MICHAEL
USERNAME=Administrator
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
windir=C:\WINNT

[c:\math]mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 xybtip10
mktexpk: Running gsftopk xybtip10 600
gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2gs: Aladdin Ghostscript: Can't find
initialization file gs_init.ps
gsdll_init returned 255
...exiting
command gsftopk xybtip10 600 return 1
mktexpk: warning: can't open log file xybtip10.log.
mktexpk: `gsftopk xybtip10 600' failed.